9.03.2009

let's get started

My name is Arielle and I am a freshman at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I am a magazine journalism major.

One of my most favorite things is clothing. I love to look at what other people are wearing and to imagine what they are trying to say about themselves through their outfit. Our choice of clothing sends a very strong message about who we are - or who we want to be.

In the past year, I think I've figured out how I personally like to dress. I have found what I like to wear and what, for the most part, works for me. However, when I was in 7th grade, I thought the same thing. In 7th grade, I amassed a collection of The Cure, Bauhaus, and Siouxsie and the Banshees t-shirts that I altered to suit my aesthetic: I cut a few inches off the sleeves and bottoms and I cut the collars out entirely. I left the edges really ragged because I wanted to be a rebellious goth.

Obviously, that has changed.

Since my style has evolved so much over the six years since, especially over the four years of high school, I want to see if the same thing happens in college. In this blog, I'll document my own style as well as that of the other students at Temple. In so doing, I'll also have a record of which runway trends show up - or originate - among college students, and when.

let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment