9.05.2009

what i like

Silence & Noise Pleated Knit Trouser, $38. Urbanoutfitters.com

I can't lie. I think harem pants are really awesome.

Right now, my closet is full of skirts. Skirts and blouses. While that look works really well for me (I think), I'm getting a little bored of it. I essentially wear a uniform every day because I just keep mixing the same selection of skirts and blouses. However, I can't stand pants. They're uncomfortable and they don't fit correctly - I am short with a fat ass and smaller waist, so I always get that gappy shit in the back. I don't have the money to get better-made, high-end jeans or to get lower-priced ones tailored. Anyway, the cost of tailoring would probably be almost as much as the cheap jeans themselves, so why bother?

The proportions of store-bought bootcut or wide-leg jeans don't work at all for me. I was really into skinny jeans, but unfortunately they didn't look very good on me either. My last favorite pair wore out and I haven't had the faintest desire to go to the effort of buying some more, when I could spend that money on more skirts and blouses instead.

Yet, sometimes I yearn to have my legs encased in cotton tubes. Sometimes I just want to wear pants. So when I first saw harem pants, it was a revelation. They combine the looseness, breeziness, and fitted waist (~~~top priority~~~) of my skirts with...pants. To put it succintly, I fucking love harem pants.

Look at them. They are just so cool. When I was in Paris this summer, I saw a girl wearing the same pair two days in a row and she still looked fucking great. Harem pants are so alluring, so daring. It takes a lot of balls to wear a dropped crotch.

Thank you, MC Hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment